Predictions on Election 2016

Posted: April 29, 2016 in Politics
Tags: ,

A few of my predictions following the 4/26/2016 primaries and the announcement of Ted Cruz running mate Carly Fiorina:

 

donald-turmp-ted-cruz

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz [REUTERS/Mike Blake]

Trump will spend the last week before the Indiana primary trying to convince everyone that the race is over, since he is the last one not mathematically eliminated from a first-vote win at the Cleveland convention. He will refuse to acknowledge that he will also be eliminated after he loses in the upcoming Indiana or California primaries. The GOP establishment and main stream media assist with this narrative.

Cruz will win big in Indiana on 5/3. It will be the start of some serious victory momentum which will bring out the long knives from Trump’s campaign, mainstream media, the Trumpaloompas, and other liberals.

Cruz will do well in California. By the time California’s primary ends on 6/7, Trump will also be mathematically eliminated from getting the 1,237 delegates he needs.

The Trump campaign will try to steal the nomination by insisting on rule changes from “must win a simple majority” to “most votes on the first ballot”. He or his mouthpieces will claim widespread corruption and use veiled threats to intimidate the GOP into cheating Cruz out of a delegate battle. John Boehner decides that the GOP caving in is his opportunity to get rid of Cruz and joins forces with the Trump campaign.

Trump will lose delegates on the second* vote at the convention and (if necessary) every vote thereafter until Cruz becomes the nominee. This will largely be because Trump failed to court those who originally backed Rubio, Carson, Kasich, Bush, Christie, Fiorina, Paul, Walker, Perry, Santorum, and Huckabee (essentially telling them “These voters, the 35% that chose me, represent the will of the people; and the rest of you, the 65%, do not – so sit down and shut up and let me win”).

The Trumpaloompas will riot and spew, and the world will be disgusted at the state of US political discourse. Democrats will campaign on how awful GOP politics is and will use Trump’s sound bites in their ads. Trump will hint at a third-party run, which by this time even his most rabid backers will ignore.

By mid-August (or at the latest, a week after the first Cruz/Clinton debate) Cruz will handily be polling 10-15% higher than Clinton.

By late October, it will be obvious that the Cruz/Fiorina ticket will win a landslide.

On November 8, Clinton will pull out a surprise win. The investigation into the well-documented massive voter fraud will immediately be halted by executive order. Bloggers, politicians, and other dissenting voices will be audited, and unless they acquiesce, jailed. Her most egregious attempts at despotism are rebuffed by veto-proof Republican majorities in the House and Senate.

(Okay, that last item may be a little too far out in the future to be accurate, but given the history of Democrat duplicity, we’ll just have to see what happens.)

 

*POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE PREDICTION: Through some bizarre fluke of history (i.e. untimely death, plague, alien invasion, apocalyptic rapture) Cruz cannot continue his campaign all the way to the GOP convention and Trump exceeds 1,237 delegates on the second vote, winning the nomination. The Trump/Clinton debates achieve the impossible: by comparing them side-by-side, Trump makes Clinton look Presidential. Clinton is elected president in November and down-ballot the Democrats sweep the House and Senate in landslide victories. Western civilization succumbs to tyranny and degenerates into tiny fiefdoms across the globe. Just days before all the Universities are shuttered, analysts prove that a third-party bid (by any candidate at all) would have put the electoral college into play and avoided this disaster. The smoke from the fires of thousands of cities and towns blots out the sun, bringing on a new ice age. The end of life as we know it.

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Well, the good news from prediction #2 is that the coming ice age (that already surrounds Hillary wherever she goes) may finally shut up the global warming loudmouths.
    If you want to go a little farther off the deep end, try this:

    http://wp.me/p2lYZp-3O

  2. RedBing says:

    Now that the Indiana primary voters have struck the match that burns down the GOP, it seems that “apocalyptic rapture” prophecy was the one that came about, after all.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s